Sunday, October 21, 2007

Save the Face Lipo the Body

Today more then ever both products and procedures are more effective at fighting back the signs of aging. We are increasingly more able to hold off the aging proses by taking care of ourselves before they start. It is far greater to try and prevent the signs of aging then try to cure them after they have formed. Small procedures done early will preserve and protect your youthful appearance for years to come, although I believe it is never to let to make a change for the better.


As I come closer to my forties I have had to make a few changes in the way I view my body and one of the first was my weight. I have always had very strong facial features with high cheek bones and hollow checks which looked great when I was in my twenties and early thirties but things change around age 35. One day I looked at a photo of myself and realize my face was changing and I needed to do something about it.


At this point I knew I needed to gain some weight to improve the way my face looked, but I wasn't to happy to lose my shape, my body. I remember reading a quote from some famous women were she said "its either the face or the body". Then a few weeks after that I was watching the Today Show when a woman got on and talked about getting to that last pound. She said that if you keep working out and eating right you can get rid of your stubborn fat areas. Well in my practice I see this all the time, women trying to get rid of those few remaining pounds only to look ten years older in the face. So I started thinking could I have it both?


Well off I went to gain weight and in the first few months I got a lot of compliments on how wonderful I looked. that indeed my face looked wonderful and healthier. This made me really happy but at the same time I was starting to notice this fat roll that was forming around my middle and I remember the old saying " its either the face or the body" ug. This did not make me very happy at all so I started thinking about Lipoing the new problem areas that have come up and in doing so, making my body fat even. Meaning; one part of my body should not have to suffer for the other parts to look good. So I wasted no time and set a date for my surgery. I was not ready to give up my face or my body!


I had gained weight in my inner thighs and my hips and abdomen which is very common for most women. All in all the doctor took out a litter and a half of fat which turned out to be all I needed. Now I feel that I have the best of both worlds, still a full face and a slim body.


Now my new saying is "Save the Face Lipo the Body".


Michelle Heavens



No comments:

BLOGGING FOR BEAUTY'S SAKE!

AS THE YEARS GO BY I START TO REALISE HOW IMPORTANT A PLASTIC SURGEON IS IN AN UNFAIR WORLD WHERE WOMEN ARE EXPECTED TO LOOK YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL FOREVER!!