Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My first Steps To Fighting Aging


I had my upper lids done (Blepherplasty) at age 37. This by far is now my most favorite cosmetic procedure! As we age our eyes start to change losing that amond shape that makes us look and feel young. The makeup starts to look bad and people start to ask you if you are tierd when you just had a good night's sleep. This procedure can take away years in just 30 to 45 minutes. Most of your friends and family will never know if you can stay away for a few short weeks. Then when you reemerge you will look so refreshed people will think you sold yourself to the devil! lol Best of all if you are afraid of general anesthesia, upper lids can be done under local. To round it all off I started using Botox around my eyes and forehead. And although I did not have deep set wrinkles I learned that wrinkles are a form of scars and if let go you will not be able to get rid of them. I also started using Radiesse around my Nasolabia folds. Radiesse is made from synthetic Hydroxyapatite, very much like the primary component in bones and teeth. The product last anywhere from a year to a year and a half. It is also a good filler for cheek enhancements and cost anywhere from $ 750 - $1500 depending on the doctor. For the tightening and resurfacing of my skin I opted for thermage and dermabrasion along with the use of Renova a few times a week. Renova is not an over the counter product so you will need to see your Dermatologist for a prescription but it is well worth it. Not only does it tighten the skin but it also reduces the fine lines and wrinkles. :) Recent research has also found that there is an increase in the ablilty for your skin to produce more collagen with regular use of Renova, which is the key to a young healthy face. = )

No comments:

BLOGGING FOR BEAUTY'S SAKE!

AS THE YEARS GO BY I START TO REALISE HOW IMPORTANT A PLASTIC SURGEON IS IN AN UNFAIR WORLD WHERE WOMEN ARE EXPECTED TO LOOK YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL FOREVER!!