Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Moment with Tony Bennett by Michelle Heavens



I have been one of the lucky ones that has been able to check off quit a few things I wanted to achieve before I die (This is not to say that I don’t have a million more) but every years it seems to grow shorter with more emphasis on being around friends, family and people that inspire me in some way. Since being diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer I’ve come to reflect back on my life in moments, each with their own ups and downs but always unique in some way or another. We all have people we would love to meet and place’s we would love to see before that final moment. So it was a very special evening one Friday night, one month before my life was about to change forever yet again, that I had the great pleasure of having dinner with Tony Bennett.
I must confess that all my life I have loved his voice and his timeless love songs. Nothing could have prepared me for hearing him live in concert. I thought at best I would get to hear a true legend sing knowing he is now in his eighties. To my amazement his voice was breathtaking and half way through the concert he put down his microphone and sang (The Way You look Tonight) to a tear filled audience with a standing ovation. So when I found myself setting across from him at The Mar-a-logo in Palm Beach beside Don Soffer, I knew I was having one of those greatest moments that people look forward to their whole lives. He had a soft voice and a kindness about him that was undeniable. He told me I was beautiful and I remembered thinking that I was having Tony Bennett tell me something that generations of women would have killed to hear him say and I he was sitting right beside me. This is one very special moment in time!

By Michelle Heavens

No comments:

BLOGGING FOR BEAUTY'S SAKE!

AS THE YEARS GO BY I START TO REALISE HOW IMPORTANT A PLASTIC SURGEON IS IN AN UNFAIR WORLD WHERE WOMEN ARE EXPECTED TO LOOK YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL FOREVER!!