Thursday, July 17, 2008

Botched Plastic Surgery Revisions!

There are a lot of helpful articles out there on how to pick a good plastic surgeon but few patients seems ask the right questions! I work for one of the top plastic surgeons in the country and I find that a lot of patients do not really look into a doctor's background before having surgery! Often times it still comes down to price. And with the way the economy is going this is getting a little scary!! There are unfortunately a lot of doctors willing to do just about anything to make money! The thing patients fail to understand is once you have one bad surgery it can be a downward slide. The patient may even find themselves in the position where the doctor that performed the botched surgery will not fix it without you paying for a whole other surgery again and if you seek out another doctor he will most likely ask for way more due to the fact that you have now become a revision. The one thing that patients never seem to ask before surgery is "what is your revision policy." If I were a patient I would get it writing no matter what. Here at Dr. Hochstein's office we have one that states that in the event of a revision that requires general anesthesia the patient will pay for the OR and anesthesia costs and that's it. All doctor’s costs will be waived. If it is done under local, all costs will be waived.

By Michelle Heavens

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Michelle,

Great composition for the ad in Ocean Drive.
One small comment, "le" is masculine in french; so the tag line should read "La femme du monde" instead.

Regards,

Nicolas

Contact@EzFrench.com

Anonymous said...

My name is Dixon Miller, R.N. and I had the privilege of working with Dr. Hochstein and his staff from time to time recovering his patients from their anesthesia. I was always impressed at how smoothly the recovery period would go as well as how sublime Dr. Hochstein's work looked, even immediately post-op.
It was a rare to see any significant bruising or acute pain in any of his patients. I also saw the compassion and caring that came from every member of the staff whether they worked in the front or back of the office. I never saw any revisions performed at Dr. Hochastein's office because his work is so exceptional from the get-go. I worked for him on a per diem basis so I was not there every day but having seen the work of Drs. Tom/Ted Baker, Harold Norman, George Levine, and a host of others I can say without hesitation that he has the skills that his surgical field requires but he ALSO possesses the eye of a sculptor and the artistic eye that makes you look like yourself, only fresher, well rested, and reflective of the person you feel yourself to be. I have always thought that he "can do everything but fix the sparkle in your eyes".

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I agree but I dream the post should prepare more info then it has.

BLOGGING FOR BEAUTY'S SAKE!

AS THE YEARS GO BY I START TO REALISE HOW IMPORTANT A PLASTIC SURGEON IS IN AN UNFAIR WORLD WHERE WOMEN ARE EXPECTED TO LOOK YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL FOREVER!!